top of page

Our Past

  The history of the church goes back as far as 1846 with the Detweiler and Gingrich family of Swatara Hill. Originally, the place of meeting was Detweiler’s Schoolhouse – a stone structure about a mile and a half outside of Swatara Hill. In 1848, they erected a house of worship on the Gingrich family farm.



  The church parsonage was built in 1950, which is the current home of the minister that serves the church. The old church building served the congregation for over a century but in 1969 it was clear a new, larger church was needed to meet the needs of the congregation. The current building completed in 1973 and was built on 6.9 beautiful acres of land. The former church still stands across the street as a fond reminder of our past, present, and future.

bottom of page